This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What to do if buyer is not communicating back to you on eBay?
04-30-2014, 05:14 AM
What to do if buyer is not communicating back to you on eBay?
I sold an item (4dresses) and mailed them off to the buyers address (with tracking confirmation) $13.50 shipping cost. I tracked the package on the way there and it ended up being sent back to me because it was "undeliverable as addressed" I contacted the buyer and she said she accidentally had her old address from her old work. I told her that I would be able to reshape them if she could pay for shipping again. She said that was fine. (July 9th was when she said she could) a day or two later I told her that it would be easier to request the money if she had a Paypal account and I also asked her if she didn't want to make a Paypal to give me her email address but she hasn't replied to me since and today is July 17th. I contacted her atleast two times after that and still no reply.....My question is what do I do if she is making no effort in trying to contact me? She's not even asking for a refund or anything... This was only my second time selling on eBay..-_- I can't afford to reshape the items and I also can't afford to fully refund her (would I only refund her for the prices of the dresses and not the shipping?) even so, if she doesn't contact me at all what do I do!0? I wanna dont spend the money I made in case she wants a refund but I also don't wanna just have money laying around that I could use...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 05:24 AM

You did the right thing by putting tracking on the shipping. Even if they file a claim, you can dispute it by giving Paypal the tracking number to prove that the item was delivered but the address was wrong.

Do you have refunds policy? If none, be sure to put that in your listing next time.

If it were me, I will wait for another week for the buyer to respond. But don't ship the item to the correct address - wait for them to send you the shipping fee again.

If the buyer does not respond, refund the purchase price of the item only - not the shipping fee. The item was returned to you afterall. If they file a dispute, put in the tracking number and refute the dispute

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply