This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the best free blogging sight? Thank you! :)?
04-30-2014, 06:23 AM
What is the best free blogging sight? Thank you! :)?
Oh! and why are they so good? Your all beautiful and awesome! (that has nothing to do with the question I just thought you ought to know ^w^)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 06:33 AM

Blogger.com
Wordpress

Cause they're free Blogger is owned by google, and you can get google plus and share your blog.

Ads

04-30-2014, 06:36 AM

I started on google's blogspot a few years ago but it's clunky. I started a tumblr blog a few months ago and really love it. It's so simple to use and figure out especially for someone like me who's not that computer savvy.

I don't know about other blog sites and their features but it seems like tumblr has a lot of features without being intrusive like google. It seems like anything google related just wants to invade every intimate part of my life. I really like how easy it is on tumblr to create html's for each blog so it gets posted in online search engines bringing more followers to your page.
04-30-2014, 06:51 AM

you're sweet. i only know of two that i consider good because they both have mobile apps. blogging on the go is the best.

ok, i like blogspot for day to day blogging. kind of like a diary. you can set it to private if you don't want people to see it and you can have more than one blog per account. the templates are kind of ugly in my opinion, but you can always look up tutorials on how to change that (remove sharing buttons, remove author, remove comment count, etc)

i like tumblr for mindless photoblogging and that's really all i do with it. i'm sure some people use tumblr as a site for more personal blogging, but the site usually appeals to more of a teenaged/young adult crowd who use it more for social media. you can also set your blog to private if you ever want to just use it as an online diary and you can also have more than one blog.

tumblr has an ask box (you can disable the function where people can ask you questions anonymously or just disable it period), you can comment on posts (not using a traditional commenting format, it'll be hidden in the "notes" of said post), you can reblog posts and you can tag posts and you have more of a larger audience.

blogspot just has a commenting system, no ask box, and i always got the feeling that less people were on it.

as of now, if you get a blogspot, they'll automatically connect your posts to google+, which can be good if you want to share your posts, but if not, you'll have to manually create a blogger account (there are tutorials for this).

tumblr has a wider range for themes and easier installation. many times if you choose to have a custom theme for blogspot, you'll have to download a notepad/word document with the html coding inside, which can be both risky and time consuming. also, sometimes when you eventually get the html code, when you enter it in to try and change how your blog looks, blogspot will tell you that there are all kinds of errors in the coding and it's just annoying. tumblr doesn't do that. and the themes are cuter.

it all depends on what you want. more adults have blogspot (google renamed it "blogger" but i still say blogspot) and more teenagers have tumblr. if you're more into just blogging for yourself and you don't care much for aesthetics, i'd say go with blogspot. if you're wanting to have more people look at your blog and you want it to look nice, i'd say go with tumblr.

oh, also, people can follow you on either site, but you're more likely to get more followers on tumblr. especially if you follow people first.