This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it weird to contact a prospective employer on Twitter?
10-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Is it weird to contact a prospective employer on Twitter?
I have a job interview early next week (for a summer internship) with the head of online communications for an entertainment company. The internship involves online marketing and social networking. The company's Twitter page is maintained by the guy I will be interviewed by, and I followed him tweeting about how he narrowed the applications down to 6 of us. Would it be weird to say hi directly, or mention him in an indirect tweet that said I was excited about my interview? Not many people send the company tweets so I thought it'd be good to show I was a dedicated follower at least!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:34 PM

My first response after seeing only the title was absolutely not, however it's a bit of a different situation since the position is in online communication and social networking. I would still err on the side of caution and not contact him directly (it's unprofessional to use a site such as twitter or facebook to carry out professional contacts), but to say you're excited about your interview is fine.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply