This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long should asus laptops last?
04-30-2014, 12:31 PM
How long should asus laptops last?
I have an Asus K53U that I bought 3 years ago for 400€. Now it's running Windows 8.1 Update 1 with Avast! Antivirus and it's lagging, it takes a lot of time until it opens google chrome, it takes a lot to open any app in general. YouTube videos are lagging even when they're not in HD and so on.
It was running Windows 7 and XP also and it still lagged that badly.
All updates are installed, Windows is legal and no one ever spilled anything on it.
What do you think? Is it too old? What would help? Do I need to buy a new computer?
P.S. I blew all the dust that was in my laptop.
Also my next computer is gong to be a desktop!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 12:36 PM

All laptops should have a life span of five years under normal usage before breaking down, max out the ram is what i did to get access to programs faster btw hope using windows 64 bit because the limit on windows 32 bit is 3.50 gb, also clean out those junk files on the laptop.

Ads

04-30-2014, 12:52 PM

may be you should upgrade or replace your lappy&#x27;s hard drive.after 2-3years hard drive doesnt posses much much speed
04-30-2014, 12:58 PM

Mohammed is a troll, don't click link. If you buy a cheap laptop it will not last as long as an expensive one. Many on this forum want cheap and good, there is no such thing as you can see. Right now if you buy one with an i3, it may be good for a year or 2 tops. With an i5 processor, 3 years tops. i7 processor, 5 years easy. Upgrading old hardware to new software/OS is tricky as drivers probably don't exist and the OS is writtten for new computers not old ones. I repurpose my old laptops. One is a digital frame, another a DVD player and other is an entertainment center. They are all old but in their new roles they will last till they die. Any computer 3 years old or older is not worth upgrading OS.