This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I could go back in time...?
04-30-2014, 08:59 PM
If I could go back in time...?
I had a dream this morning that I went back in time to the early 1990's and I displayed my MacBook Pro to a class and everyone was surprised and shocked. I told them that they could use the internet without a 56k modem and showed them my current router and ADSL filter and magically, everyone had the same MacBook as me and were using broadband internet.

Now... If that really happened, would it be possible, or do some of the constraints in tech in the 90's restrain that from actually happening? I know it was only a dream but if you'd actually gone back in time, would it be possible?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 09:03 PM

No.

Ads

04-30-2014, 09:11 PM

Obviously, within dreams anything is possible.

In the 90s DSL/ADSL was in existence, but there have been changes to the protocols and infrastructure since then. This means that while it is within the realm of possibility that everyone could "magically" be using broadband, you would have to figure out how to explain that new-fangled wireless internet thingy (wireless was in the earliest of design phases at the time). If using wired connections... well, DSL split 20+ ways might as well be dial-up.