This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coffee catch up with ex colleague that you always had chemistry with. Is this a date?
04-30-2014, 10:16 PM
Coffee catch up with ex colleague that you always had chemistry with. Is this a date?
I spent a year working before university. Another newcomer was a graduate (2 years older than myself). We worked together for a year and had great chemistry, we have similar interests studied the same degree. We clicked on a lot of levels. Nothing of course came of it at work, though I often caught him 'checking me out' when he thought I wasn't looking.

It's been a year since leaving the company now but we have each other on Facebook. He said he has seen my photos on Facebook and it seems I am having a great time at university. We have contacted each other a few times over the year. He recently contacted me late at night asking how I am doing. We talked and I suggested we meet up for a coffee after work sometime. He suggested that we set a weekend day aside to catch up so we don't have top rush off and cut the catch up short. Is this an informal catch up coffee/lunch, or something else? I imagine what this is depends on how the coffee goes.

I of course am interested, as much as the guys at university are appealing there is something about my ex-colleague that I am far more attracted to. We are both single. Perhaps I am reading too much into nothing?!

Any insight would be useful.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 10:30 PM

Yes

Ads

04-30-2014, 10:36 PM

It's just informal

Please help me?
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...520AAs2doe
04-30-2014, 10:47 PM

" I imagine what this is depends on how the coffee goes. "

Yep. That's why coffee get togethers are so popular, they're the precursor to see if a date could happen.
04-30-2014, 10:49 PM

It's not really date, more like a "getting acquainted" sort of thing. But since you know each other, haven't seen each other in awhile, this is a sign of romantic interest. I'm glad he made a move because now you know you're not the only interested one here. Good luck and have fun