This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
whats the size of average highschool/college de and fb??
04-30-2014, 10:17 PM
whats the size of average highschool/college de and fb??
ok so im 14 going into my freshmen year and i was wandering what the average size of a defensive end and fb is and what id be better at
ive been playin peewee football for 8 years and ive always played de and fb starting both ways
im 5'11 180 lbs what would i be better at and am i ready?
and whats the average size of a college and average size of a highschool player at those positions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2014, 10:26 PM

5'8 128 lbs.

Ads

04-30-2014, 10:37 PM

It depends on what program you play for. In 1A colleges the Fullbacks are about 5'10'' and usually 220 to 250 pounds. Defensive Ends go 6'0 to 6'6" and 250 to 300 pounds
as one goes to 2A and 3A schools the size decreases some, not a lot for example: Fullbacks are about 5'9 and 200 pds and the DE are 6'4 and still 240. High School players are even smaller except for the ones that size mentioned above-they are the ones that go on and play college ball. Most HS players are not big enough for college football. Your size is good for a FB in HS if you wanted to play DE need to get bigger especially if you want to play college ball