This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Wilshere and McEachran are really far off Spain youth?
05-01-2014, 01:07 AM
Do you think players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sterling, Wilshere and McEachran are really far off Spain youth?
I hear people say on Twitter, "oh it's no wonder England's under 21's can't compete with Spain, Spain have young players like Isco, Thiago, Munian, Canales, Koke, Camucho"

Surely with better management and players making themselves available a team of.

GK- Butland

RB- Jenkinson
CB- Caulker
CB- Kelly
LB- Rose

DM- Rodwell
RCM- McEachran
LCM- Henderson

RW- Oxlade-Chamberlain
ST- Wickham
LW- Sterling

Hypothetically with better management, tactics, etc isn't that far behind players like Thiago, Koke and Camucho and the likes.

I mean Sterling was a regular starter for Liverpool, Ox is a regular for both the England senior team and Arsenal, he has champions league experience too and he really should have went. Rodwell, I'm not sure why he didn't go either. Henderson again he did go, but he wasn't surrounded by the best of players in midfield. McEachran, the Chelsea young lad should have started in my opinion.

I believe under someone like Hoodle, and a Ox + Rodwell available he could easily get to the final at least, of the under 21 Euro's.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 01:18 AM

Oxlade-Chamberain and Rodwell played with the senior team, that's why they didn't go, you can't play for both the England U21 and seniors, which is also why the likes of Phil Jones and Jack Wilshere didn't go.

That being said, I think you might have gotten further, but Spain would still probably win, Isco,Morata and Thiago are on a different level to the Engish youth, English players are so overhyped, even with those players at the tournament I still don't think they would have won.

Ads

05-01-2014, 01:29 AM

Jones and Wilshere are better in their respective positions than Thiago. Isco could go either way.

The new fashionable thing is to bash England.

France lost 3-0 to Brazil, yet where are the people bashing France?
05-01-2014, 01:45 AM

Spain,Italy and Netherlands have the best youth squad, England was very poor in the U21 tournament,i know ppl will say England were missing some key players but so were the other countries.

Forza Italia !!!

Lorenzo Insigne,Gabbiadini,Marco Verratti,Florenzi,etc...
05-01-2014, 01:58 AM

I think the most important thing is for England to have a football identity and philosophy. How should the game be played, promote it as grass root level, also the youth nation squads and senior squad.

Italians are known for defending, Spain for possession, Brazil for free flowing attack, Germany for tactics, discipline and technique and England? Well they are just known for choking. It's high time they have their 'identity'.