This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can share my internet connection using Wingate behind a router?
05-01-2014, 01:55 AM
How can share my internet connection using Wingate behind a router?
does anyone know how to configure wingate to share my current internet connection? i'm connected to a router already and i can connect to the internet, but what i want now to do is also to share that connection to computers near me. when i do it using windows, it give me an error message saying i cannot 192.168.0.1 because it is already used in the network. so using wingate or other stuff can you tell me how to share my internet connection, without using another router or hub? just another LAN CARD? please help, or send links to other helpers!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 02:11 AM

Click on your connections and then click properties for it. Click share connection then plug other computer into the router!

Then its very easy from there you should be connected!!

EDIT: More Detailed, Click My Computer Then Click My Network Places Then Click View Connections Then Right Click On Your Internet Connection Click Properties, Go To The Advanced Tab And Then Check The Box For "Allow Other Network Users To Connect To Internet Through This Computer", Edit Settings To Your Needs!! Plug other computer into Modem or router or wireless network.. Good Luck.

EDIT: Oops, Just reread your post and your problem is that both computers have the same IP and cannot be run on the network!

If you need help Changin your IP go to the place below Register and Post a question!

~XEON

Ads

05-01-2014, 02:13 AM

You don't need Wingate. Remove it from your machine. Just connect the other machines to the network.
05-01-2014, 02:23 AM

A broadband connection can be shared between 2 or more computers using a router . Though wireless connections are becoming popular, a wired connection is usually more secure and faster. The router used for a wired connection is also cheaper. More details at http://fixit.in/shareinternet.html