This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to be found on google, yahoo, and bing?
05-01-2014, 09:18 AM
how to be found on google, yahoo, and bing?
i have a website for cigar reviews. it has a think called SEO (search engine optimization) but all it really has is a place for keywords and things like that. and even though i have filled it out, quite some time ago. you cant seem to find me using google, or worse, when you type in a review that i have done, you still cant find me, most cigar review sites get there hits because someone types in say, "gran habano vintage 2002 review" and then the sites that have a review for that cigar come up....not me....how do i fix this? what is the "secret" to being found on google? my site is stickreview.weebly.com

i have a goal of getting an average of 1000 hits a day by september, i will never reach my goal if i dont figure out how to do this, as im sure this is the main way to get hits (when i say google, i guess im really talking about search engines in general such as yahoo, bing....ect)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 09:22 AM

search engine optimization is the way to go, but doing it yourself is worthless if you don't know how it works

you can check your website traffic rating and stats on alexa.com

if you want to improve your traffic, email me at crewebstudios@gmail.com and we can talk...

my company guarantees at least a three fold improvement on your traffic rating (say move you from 15 million to 5 million) and most of our clients end up on page one in Google, Yahoo and Bing

Ads

05-01-2014, 09:33 AM

SEO can help you get the results but for that you require some professional guidance and services. As your website reviews of a product, so article submission can be a potent tool to get good search results on Google, Yahoo or any other search engine. I've read on many tools available for SEO and I'd suggest that you can at least start with article submission services. You can read in details here how it works: http://seo-services-experts.com/article_submission.htm

Hope this info helps.
05-01-2014, 09:36 AM

Title tag: The title is Stick Review...which is fine...but how many people will search for that? You will want to include a title like this: Stick Review - Cigar Afficionado (blah blah blah). The key is to incorporate searchable keywords in your title.

No meta description-you will want to have a meta description for each page that accurately reflects the page

META keywords: cigar, review, argenese, cl3, cohiba, black, burning, my, father, don, pepin, garcia, casa, gomez, rocky, patel, stick, stogie, cuban, gran, habano (22 words/127 chars)

The meta keywords are a little bizarre. Why would you want to place for my, father, don? Good luck getting those. Cigar is very broad...perhaps pick some words that fall within your niche.

URL: can you sign up with a domain like stickreview.com or stick-review.com rather than http://stickreview.weebly.com/? Just a thought.

Backlinks: consider getting more links in to your site. Your PageRank is a 0 which means Google does not find your site to be of significance due to the number of links or the significance of the links. One popular tactic is to create a presence on the cigar blogs with a link in your signature, but you may want to research how nofollow tags will impact that link building tactic.

Hope this helps!

If you need additional information/assistance, I am available for consultation.

Some tips: install Google Webmaster Tools (will give you insight into your site). Also sign up for Google Analytics to identify your strengths and weaknesses.

Watch out for those that guarantee solid placement...there are no guarantees when it comes to SEO, but with a little elbow grease, research, and patience, you will enjoy higher rankings.
05-01-2014, 09:49 AM

You need to have a good volume of keyword-relevant content on your website and have related sites link to you. It's a lot more complex like that but it's a strong start.