This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer?
05-01-2014, 11:38 AM
How to Uninstall Internet Explorer?
Hi,

I want to uninstall Internet Explorer 8 from my windows vista PC, but I couldn't find it on the "Installed Updates" list.

Some people mentioned going to "Windows Features" and turning it off, but I don't see Internet Explorer there either.

Is there any way to uninstall or disable internet explorer? I keep getting pop-up ads on it, and I don't use it at all (I use Chrome).

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 11:41 AM

You can't completely uninstall it to begin with as it IS an integral part of the operating system.

Ads

05-01-2014, 11:46 AM

You could download IE9 or just say "YES" when Chrome asks you if you want it to be the default browser and you will never see IE again.
05-01-2014, 12:02 PM

Make sure you have firefox or some other web browser before uninstalling Internet Explorer 8

To uninstall Internet Explorer 8

Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.

In the left pane, click View installed updates.

Select Internet Explorer 8, and then click Uninstall. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall Internet Explorer 8.

When you're done, restart Windows.

Note

If you uninstalled because you had an older version, or Internet Explorer 8 wasn't working correctly, you can reinstall after step 5.

If you don't reinstall Internet Explorer 8, your computer will revert to Internet Explorer 7 and the Internet Explorer 7 cumulative updates that were on your computer before installing Internet Explorer 8. Run Windows Update to be sure your computer isn't missing the latest Internet Explorer 7 updates.