This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has my phone been hacked?
05-01-2014, 01:52 PM
Has my phone been hacked?
I have the CM Security app, and it said today that I had 1 site that was at risk-it was my Chrome browser, which was set for my Ebay account, and I recently tried to get on the site, but it it wouldn't load-I never had that problem in the past, and I can't remember the last time I tried to use it, but lately it's been saying "Aw, snap! Won't load" Anyway, CM Security stated I should update it-now there's no risk. My question is, does this mean someone could have hacked into my entire phone, my email account and my Google searches, or just the Chrome browser?CM Security stated the only risk was the Chrome browser, and I'm thinking it actually just needed to be updated, it wasn't hacked into. Still, I'm a little worried someone could've hacked into my entire phone. Is this possible?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 02:06 PM

It all depends.. and for the truly paranoid, or if you keep government-level secrets.. then the safest path is to assume you have been hacked. It is always possible that any computing device has been compromised - with or without warnings.

No single program can tell you for sure if you have, or have not been hacked. As soon as one comes out, within a few hours - at least one hack will get around it.

However - the likelihood that your phone was hacked is probably very low.

The website load issues probably have more to do with changes in Chrome, Changes in the website, other effects of recent changes on various networks and phone networks, and viruses like Heartbleed.
If you have any money tied up in online accounts.. keep trying to get access, and complain if you cannot. Otherwise, just change your passwords - using SAFE password practices, especially because of heartbleed.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply