This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Internet Connection Problem?
05-01-2014, 11:40 PM
Internet Connection Problem?
I have Verizon High Speed Internet on my desktop, and my uncle who lives next door got a router and a friend of his, who happens to be a computer tech. installed it to my desktop. Ever since the router was connected to my computer, my internet connection has been slightly slower, but now, its completely slow! My sisters laptop is connected to the router, and the router has a security passcode, but her laptop get really really really fast internet, while on my desktop i get no internet connection. I need help! Please!

contact me at:

operation12_28@yahoo.com

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2014, 11:49 PM

do you all share the internet and certan programs could cause this

Ads

05-02-2014, 12:06 AM

Many things can be the source of this problem.

Check if your sisters computer does not have softtwares like eMule, or if it is not downloading something that is using greatest part of the band.

Other possibility is that you have data loss between the router and your laptop.
If your connection is via USB, check if the USB cable is long. It should be as short as possible. USB cables of 1.5 meters ( 5 feet) are sometimes source of loss data and make the internet connection become slow. Check also if the USB cable dont have bad contact.
Sometimes I need to clean the USB contacts. If they are dirty they produce loss of data, and the connection become slow.
05-02-2014, 12:12 AM

you got mail