This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Duplicate Content SEO?
05-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Duplicate Content SEO?
Hi, I have some duplicate content on my site. I called a few website owners who's article I wanted published and published on my site (well written).

Now, My page (with the duplicate content) is still indexed and ranked page 2 for an appropriate keyword. I just wanted to confirm that the content isn't harming my site.

In short, since Google has my page indexed #15-20 does that mean the duplicate content on my site isn't hurting my site ?

Or do i have to remove them ?

suggestions or fixes are appreciated.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 12:32 AM

Google will always ignore duplicate content and it may also leads to blacklist your site

Copying with permission is not a matter..
but it should be unique....
when you get copywriter content from others when it was already published in any other sites... i would recommend you to just ignore them.. or you should remold it using your own words....

and Google's new release humming bird algorithm... its Just Ignore all the duplicate content and it crawl and index only uniwue content in there index so...

better remove that content or remold it...

thank You

Ads

05-02-2014, 12:44 AM

Duplicating content that is also on other sits is not necessarily a bad thing, it's true the original site is likely to get the bet ranking for that content, press releases, news reports, the constitution are examples of content routinely duplicated.

You need a certain amount of original content to not appear to be an automated scraper site, which search engines don't like. Unauthorized copies of others content can have legal implications, crediting the source with a link is often enough to prevent complaints.

The more harmful form of duplicate content is within your own site, things like a print formatted version of a page can if nothing else dilute the page's search ranking. The clean solution for internal dup content is the Canonical tag, used to mark the primary copy of the content.
05-02-2014, 12:46 AM

You can have duplicate content in your site but only till a certain level means 10 to 15% but not more than that. Google has launched a new algorithm" Humming Bird" which only takes unique content, crawls and indexes it. So if you have more duplicate please remove it as when google will find it will it will remove your site from the search engine.
05-02-2014, 12:51 AM

Google can harm your site ranking. I think, first you should to remove the duplicate content.

and

second, you can use canonical tag for duplicated content. so google will not harm your site. to know about canonical tag, search in google.
05-02-2014, 12:54 AM

the content you post should be original
05-02-2014, 01:09 AM

When it comes to Duplicate content then the actual penalties we hear about are penalties that effect the site - So if you have duplicate content on your own site then this could be a penalty.
I am guessing that your content ranks below the original content that has been published on the other site.
Just to be safe what I would do is properly curate the content - I would introduce the article and then leave a small summery to the bottom of it - I would also link back to the original -
05-02-2014, 01:18 AM

Being indexed has nothing to do with rank so just because your dupe content is indexed doesn't mean google will rank it and it probably won't because google hates dupe content.

I would definitly put fresh content which google loves and make sure its SEO optimized.

If you have any more questions hit me up. Im awesome at SEO

Cheers
05-02-2014, 01:33 AM

Copy material can damage your website very poorly as Search engines might have even penalized your website. So, try some excellent SEO support to create sure the duplicate material is ignored by Search engines or tell them to absolutely eliminate it if possible. There's a organization who are providing test offer support until they take you to web the first page. You can try them.
05-02-2014, 01:36 AM

Remove that dupliacte content as soon as possible...
dont know when will google catch it,..and you have to pay for it..