This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Chrome and Security. Is it better than IE8?
05-02-2014, 05:10 AM
Google Chrome and Security. Is it better than IE8?
Its a loaded question really as I have used IE8 since I realised (on my systems at least) that it was faster than Firefox. But more and more of my customers are using Google Chrome so I tried it out.

Wow! Fast!

But... I find that my PCs that use Chrome have more and more malware issues than ever before - even this laptop running Kaspersky.

Is Chrome less secure than IE8? Can I improve Chrome if this is the case?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 05:12 AM

Security in Internet Explorer has long been a major issue.

Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc all generally have better security than internet explorer.

Ads

05-02-2014, 05:21 AM

Google chrome is loaded with spyware.

Use the safer SRWare Iron : http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

it is a chrome browser without all the unnecessary google crap.
and privacy issues that google chrome has.

it is faster than google chrome, even more so when you enable the inbuilt ad blocker.

05-02-2014, 05:22 AM

A recent article about the safety of different browsers resulted in the conclusion that IE is the safest now. A problem with browsers like Chrome, Safari and Opera is that the antivirus may not scan and protect internet traffic for these less popular browsers. As a general rule firefox and IE are protected by antivirus. Its the new browsers that are at risk. You need to check on the Kaaspersky site and see which browsers are supported.

http://webtoolsandtips.com/pc-security/s...b-browser/
05-02-2014, 05:37 AM

IE8 has way more security preferences compared to Google Chrome.. Google Chrome has only been a made browser for a few years.. where IE has been a browser for over a decade. Now which browser company would have more experience overall? I'm guessing IE.

If you use Google chrome then I would get Malwarebytes' the boughten version as it will block malicious websites.
05-02-2014, 05:47 AM

Definitely stick with chrome! Check that it blocks spyware- click the wrench on the top right, click options, click under the hood and make sure "enable phishing and malware protection" is "checked". 2. Try avast! free antivirus! it is regarded as the best! get it here (remove kaspersky first)=

http://download.cnet.com/Avast-Free-Anti...tag=button

3. restart your computer and keep taping f8 when it is booting up. select "safe mode with networking" run a full scan with antivirus and clean the problems. reboot normally and your all clean!

Hope it helps!