This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A generation behind - what can I do to catch up?
05-02-2014, 06:50 AM
A generation behind - what can I do to catch up?
Essentially, I was born to "baby boomers" late. I am supposedly from "Generation Y - the Internet Generation" but I was brought up on little internet/technology. After Palm Pilots - a predecessor to smart phones, technology savvy...died in my family - the majority of the social network was cut off to me from 2004 to 2012. So, I've spent 8 years out of the loop, missed many (what I consider) awesome things, and lack the skills to navigate the internet and utilize internet apps (artistic, ma thematic, and writing ones in particular) at the speed of my peers. It is like I am between the X and Y generation.
A) Besides a plethora of games, virtual pets, and forums, what did I miss?
B) What is/are Generation Z (today's kids and preteens) working on/looking into?
C) What can I do to catch up to my peers at a reasonable pace?

I would ask for understanding and help in this.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 07:00 AM

I was born in the 1990's so I'm of this generation. It's really quite simple-look all over the internet, on tv, on radios and what do you see-talks of Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, all the latest apps on the latest phones, tablets and MacBooks. It's a matter of observation and study. Most of the old tech stuff of 2004-2009 is forgotten or being forgotten, so that only leaves 2010-2013. But if you still want to learn about those latter years look it up on google. Try searching "Things that made 2004" or something to that affect. Watch all the cartoons remebered by this generation like Doug, Rugrats, Johnny Bravo and the Fairly Odd Parents; visit social sites your peers talk about; buy iPods, iPhones and tablets. Do this all at your own pace and soon you shall become One of Us lol.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply