This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does paypal withdraw funds immediately from an ebay purchase?
05-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Does paypal withdraw funds immediately from an ebay purchase?
I know sometimes in the past when I've purchased items on ebay it's taken a few days to withdraw funds from my account but I just want to make absolutely sure before I go ahead and buy something.
The idem I'm bidding on ends tonight and I won't have enough funds in my account to cover it until 8am tomorrow and I want to make sure that if I win the idem that I won't overdraft my account. I really feel like I remember them waiting a day or two to withdraw from your account but I could be wrong.
Please advice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 06:41 PM

Two thoughts about this:

1) Many times the item does not need to be paid for immediately. I often see a buyer put a message in the original listing saying something like "The winner of this item must pay within three days . . . " and such. I suggest you check the listing to see what expectations about that there may be.

2) I always pay for my items with a credit card - it delays payment for 30+ days and I get a bit of a kickback on the card. PayPal will not let a credit card be the default payment, but after you sign onto PayPal, when making a payment, you get a page with the payment method listed (the bank account withdrawal) but there is a blue hyperlink there that says "change payment method" (or such). If you click on that you can change your payment to a credit card and PayPal will change the bank account to backup. This has to be done every time because it will default back to the bank account next time.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply