This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ladies i need your input. what should i do? :/?
05-02-2014, 10:18 PM
ladies i need your input. what should i do? :/?
So i have a friend who i've been friends with for a year and i basically started REALLY liking her and i'm a girl too. there are a couple very subtle signs that make me believe she could possibly like me too but i'm not quite sure. Like for instance, she would often text me she misses me and one time she texted me "miss you <3" after I just saw her the day before. and on valentines day she texted me happy valentines day with a bunch of emoticons and then she took a screen shot of my text msg and uploaded it to her instagram that read "<3 she made my day. #loveofmylife." before she put anything up about her boyfriend. she also like took a picture of me once at school because she thought i looked really cute and also uploaded that to her instagram as well. she often says things to me like "you're cute." I even caught her staring at me once while we were at the bar getting drinks. from the corner of my eye i saw her looking at me so i turned and we made eye contact for a few seconds then i smirked and she smiled quickly and looked away. by the way she knows I'm bisexual.

so about the part where she has a boyfriend. she recently told me that they're not "together" but still talking. i feel like they have fallen out plenty of times so i'm not sure how that's gonna go. but yesterday while we were texting about our plans to go to california in the summer (which she's very excited about) she tweeted on her twitter "it's weird how fast things can change." not sure what that meant

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 10:20 PM

Confess to her (it&#x27;s all about timing). If she admits the same thing, then awesome. Otherwise, say something like &#x27;If you don&#x27;t feel the same way, then I understand. Hope we can still be friends at least&#x27;. Much apologies if nothing works out.

Ads

05-02-2014, 10:36 PM

Just go for it.

Make a move or ask her if she bisexual or somthing.

Whatever you do, don&#x27;t just sit around and wonder. You will go crazy.

I walked in your shoes once. Had a huge crush on my best friend (also a girl). She gave signs that she might have liked me, but I never made a move. I just sat around... Never told her my feelings, never asked her if she was bi, never made even the slightest move... We ended up going to different schools ( I graduated before her cause im a year older) and we driffted apart... It tore me up, I was going crazy for a while, cause I never had any sort if closure. I just wondered what would have happened if I would have made a move, and wondering that constantly drove me crazy.

Trust me, make a move. Even getting rejected is MUCH better then going through what i did.
05-02-2014, 10:49 PM

Okay, I have been in a very similar (its almost creepy actually) situation as you. I had (and still do) a huge crush on a friend of mine who is also lesbian. I loved her more than words could express and I wanted nothing more than to be responsible for her happiness, as I still do today. I've loved her more almost 10 months now, and in the beginning when we first became close, she sent me signals that would suggest she liked me too...very similar to the one's you are receiving. However, she had a girlfriend and that hurt more than anything.
And so, me being the idiot that I was and still am, I kept my mouth shut and never told her about my feelings. Months passed and it only became harder to keep my feelings in. it got so bad that I couldn't hold it in any longer and I confessed my love for her despite her having a new girlfriend. (yes, she broke up with her other one and I still doubted she liked me at all and so I said nothing...and then she started dating another girl a few months later, which again broke my heart again)
what hurt the most was what she told me after that. she said she liked me too, but because I never said anything, she assumed I didn't like her and therefore stayed with her gf. she said "I just wish you said something earlier because I would be dating you right now not (insert gf's name)." and so that was it. I blew my chance, when I had the green light all along.
I lost my chance, but you haven't lost yours. tell her your feelings, for yourself, and for me. its too late for me, I already waited too long, but it's not for you. please take this advice, I wouldn't wish the pain I feel today on my worst enemy. it's regret, anger, self hatred, and a whole lot of sadness. don't do this to yourself honey, take your shot at happiness and run with it.
don't be afraid, embrace the adventure and go for it. you have to want it more than you are afraid of the consequences. I only wish I knew that sooner. The fact that she has a boyfriend is barely relevant at all, as proven in my own experience, because people are prepared to take risks for love. by the sounds of it this girl is interested in you, and you shouldn't pass this opportunity up if it is what will make you happy.

Take that jump, I know you can do it. Good luck and be brave, I wish you all the best in the future. God bless xoxo