This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Could not refresh messages" Error on Snapchat?
05-03-2014, 12:41 AM
"Could not refresh messages" Error on Snapchat?
I've had Snapchat for many months and all day today the app has been saying "Could not refresh messages. Please try again" every time I try and refresh my messages. My phone is connected to the WiFi in my house and other apps that require WiFi are working completely fine. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the app again, I've tried restarting my WiFi, I've tried clearing Snapchat's cache and I've I've also tried restarting my phone. Snapchat also works when I turn the WiFi option off and I use my 3G.
Does anyone have any ideas on how this could possibly be solved?

Thanks a lot Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 12:44 AM

Hey Claire, I actually searched Google with this same error and came across your question!! I have no idea what is causing it but I want to let you know I am having the same error as you. It's likely that it is something on Snapchat's side of things. It's really frustrating because my phone notifies me that I have a snap but when I go to view it I cannot and I simply receive the message you mentioned in your question unless I turn on my cellular data. Hopefully they send out a hotfix or something quick to deal with this problem! :/
-Daniel

Ads

05-03-2014, 12:54 AM

Same exact thing here. It is on 3 IPads and 2 cells phones in my house on wifi. Snapchat is working fine for our neighbors and friends. Why only under my wifi?????? Frustrating :/
05-03-2014, 01:04 AM

Hey, has your snapchat started working yet? I am experiencing the same problem now Sad

Thanks
05-03-2014, 01:19 AM

I too am experiencing this issue. What is also strange is that I can view snaps when I switch from wifi to cell connection, but they don't notify the sender at all. And 3 or 4 hours later I can view them again. I've been able to see my last 3 or 4 snaps I've received at least 5 times now. Kinda defeats the purpose, doesn't it??