This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Horizon Xbox Modder giving me unwanted third party ads I am unable to remove?
05-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Horizon Xbox Modder giving me unwanted third party ads I am unable to remove?
The other day (I think it was Monday) I installed Horizon. During the installation process it asked me if I wanted their promotional toolbars, ads, etc, I declined all of them. I then decided I didn't want to use it anymore as it didn't function properly so I uninstalled it and cleared my recycling bin. Now it appears I am being lumbered with third party pop ups and ads on Google Chrome, Youtube, Facebook, you name it. I've tried blocking them from the url bar in Chrome, AdBlock, Norton, System Restores, but they won't seem to go away and it's really frustrating how every time I click a various pop up will appear and will invade my Google homepage and Youtube. Any ideas how to rid of them for good, or at least make it able to permanently block them?
Thanks. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 03:14 PM

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble. I am Vineeth and I am from the Norton Support team.

These are programs are commonly known as Potentially Unwanted Programs or PUPs and they get attached to your browser.

Open Google Chrome. On the top-right corner, click the 3 bar icon, and then click Tools > Extension. Remove any new or unwanted extensions you see there. Restart the browser and see if the problem persists.

Thanks!

Vineeth
Norton Social Support

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply