This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Worried that I will get into trouble by asking a question on yahoo answers that was totally un intentional?
05-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Worried that I will get into trouble by asking a question on yahoo answers that was totally un intentional?
I asked a question on yahoo answers a couple hours ago wondering why people are stupid to sell drugs on facebook pages, and if it was illegal.
I copied and pasted the advertisement from a random poster as evidence, and wondering how to report this person. I explained in the question that this was from a random facebook poster on a facebook page. It included a phone number, and I typed their name out, but I was only showing the advertisement as evidence and asked why are people stupid to advertise drugs on facebook? This one yahoo answer user said that they were reporting my question and didn't believe me when I added details to the question. This person said, you can report it to facebook like I am reporting you to yahoo. So far yahoo answers hasn't deleted it. I would have deleted the question, but yahoo answers will not let you delete a question anymore once a question has been answered. It was un intentional, and I should not have copied and pasted the advertisement. Yahoo answers will not even let you edit anymore. I'm just worried because I wasn't thinking about it being mis interpreted for advertising.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 04:22 PM

well you stating this was probley smart, as it can be used as evidence in court if a fbi agent shows up at yourdoor....i would be more worried tho of the drug dealer....what if he didnt like you posting that and like hired a hitman?!?!?! better eat canned food for a while.....

Ads

05-03-2014, 04:33 PM

yes, it is a violation to post personal information that reveals a person's identity

if you had just asked: How do you report someone on Facebook for advertising about drugs? without any furhter details, it would have been a perfectly legit Q

adding the name and phone number was a violation but the advertisement was not unless it revealed the person's identity as well, but to include the ad was also not necessary

you must know that you report this to Facebook so asking this in YA was unnecessary unless your reason for posting it was to expose this person - YA is not for exposing illegal activity but you can ask how to deal with it (do you see the difference?)

Yahoo doesn't delete violations, other members do - whoever this person was does not have a high enough trust rating to drop your question with his or her one report but if it goes, there is no point in appealing as it's a violation

as for the person who announced they were reporting you - this was a violation (similar to calling someone out as a troll)- so YOU should report THEM

a responsible reporter does not go into a post and announce they are reporting the Q even if they also make an attempt to answer the question, as this idiot did

to address misinformation by another who answered in your duplicate post of this question:

when Customer Care reviews an appeal, they don't have time or any need to review all your previous posts - it matters not how many other violations you have received - only the Yahoo! Answers Team (separate from Customer Care) would ever review your activity - during an appeal, only the one thing you are appealing is taken into account