This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I wanted to canael a purchase I made on ebay but the seller won`t reply to my messages?
05-03-2014, 04:39 PM
I wanted to canael a purchase I made on ebay but the seller won`t reply to my messages?
Does this mean he refuses and I should pay the money?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-03-2014, 04:46 PM

Yes. Once you make a purchase, you are obligated to follow through and pay for the item.

Ads

05-03-2014, 04:49 PM

you cannot just cancel a purchace on ebay, bidding and winning an ebay auction is a legally binding contract between you and the seller, if they are not prepared to cancel there is nothing you can do but pay for it and resell it once you recieve it
05-03-2014, 04:51 PM

If you wish to cancel and you've messaged the seller and not had a reply but haven't paid yet then just don't pay. They won't send the item if you don't pay and they have the option to re-list or sell to the next highest bidder ("second chance" option for them).

You are supposed to be legally bound by eBay rules but they can't (and won't) take you to court, it won't affect your credit rating and they won't 'send the boys round' to do you over. Neither eBay nor the seller can take your money by force, without your consent, it doesn't work that way. It's not legally binding whatever anyone says, only a 'terms and conditions' issue, a 'gentlemans agreement' if you like.

All they can (and may) do is give you an 'unpaid item strike' (an infraction, like the 'naughty corner') and possibly restrict your bidding for 30 days. It's unlikely to get you suspended unless you're a repeat offender and you can't get negative feedback for it. If the seller gives you bad comments on pos f/b then you can ask eBay to remove them, and give the seller neg f/b in return.

If the seller does agree to you cancelling the transaction then they can at least get their listing fees returned by eBay, whatever the reason. Don't let yourself be tricked or bullied into giving your money away, just explain you made a mistake and apologize to them. There's little anyone can do about it tbh, so don't worry, just bow out gracefully Smile
05-03-2014, 05:06 PM

It means the seller is using eBay as a BUSINESS PLATFORM to make money and isn't interested in your stupid GAMES. Pay already!