This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am losing credit on my phone and I don't know how!?
05-04-2014, 12:37 AM
I am losing credit on my phone and I don't know how!?
I just got an iPhone 5c and I only have 200mb every month. I have used 72mb in 4 days... I have a virgin mobile app where i can check how much I have used. Today I just called my mum and messaged her a couple times and when I went home I checked back and I only used a few mb. I use some apps like Facebook, Facebook messenger, Instagram, chrome and spotify. Do any of these apps make me lose credit because I just checked how much i have and I have used much more then calling my mum and messaging her so I would like to know how I lose my mb.
I also use this on wifi...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 12:46 AM

yes all of those take large amounts of data because they are over the internet. Plus they continue to use it constantly you can fix this by going to settings and denying them internet access unless you are connected to the WIFI. also they continue to run in the background double click the large round button under your screen and slide up to close them this will also reduce data usage but not as much.

Ads

05-04-2014, 12:59 AM

I had this problem and I found out that mail was the cause of it, I also have an iPhone 5 and once I took the mail off of it my internet lasted a lot longer. Also make sure you close your apps by double tapping the home button and swiping them up - this too will also reserve UOUR data&#x2F;Internet.

If none of this works call your phone provider and ask them about it.

Hope this helps Smile