This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does firefox keep telling me i need to install flash, i did and still says it?
05-04-2014, 03:31 AM
why does firefox keep telling me i need to install flash, i did and still says it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 03:35 AM

I don't know how you installed it but try it again by following this link:
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?no_ab=1

By the way, remove the check/tick mark on the McAfee Security Scan Plus option. You won't need that if you have a decent antivirus and anti-spyware like BitDefender (Free Edition) and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro, respectively.

Ads

05-04-2014, 03:48 AM

Sometimes when you install Flash, it wont install. I know, right? Youll have to uninstall it first and then go to adobe.com to reinstall it from scratch. They say this might happen so they ask you to remove it first before installing the lastest ones. It happens on Firefox all the time and im kinda use to it.
05-04-2014, 03:52 AM

Firefox has blocked flash by default, until you click the 'Lego' icon on the left of the address bar.
The drop menu has a couple of options, like 'Allow this one time", and "Always allow flash from this site" (I think; I use Linux with NoScript so I can't say for certain).

See if you have that icon, then tick it.
05-04-2014, 04:02 AM

I think it might want to update your browser.