This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I limit my wifi connection or block someone's IP address ?
05-04-2014, 11:01 AM
How do I limit my wifi connection or block someone's IP address ?
Im sharing my wifi connection to some of my close neighborhood friends however these people gaved my password to their friends without my permission. Its kinda annoying coz they tend to stay outside my house just to get a connection and sometimes they are noisy outside.

I wanted to change my password but I guess its useless because I will still share my password to my close neighbors and I know for sure even though I will tell them not to share they will still share my password to their close neighborhood friends too.
So what I wanted to do now is to limit the number of people who can connect to my internet connection or block their IP address. Is that possible? how do I do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 11:08 AM

do your neighbors at least pay you a little for using your wifi, if not change your password and fuck them

Ads

05-04-2014, 11:15 AM

It depends on the model of the WiFi router you have. You can allow access to only certain devices based on the mac address or IP.
Just make sure the Wifi password is different from the router administration password or else someone could go in there and reset it.
05-04-2014, 11:20 AM

Change your password. Use numbers and alphabetical letters to
ensure security.
Your friends, with your help, are actually committing fraud against your
internet provider. I think if I were you, I would change the password now and
never give it to anybody else.
05-04-2014, 11:28 AM

Open your default gateway, usually 192.168.1.1. You can open cmd (command prompt) and type in "ipconfig" and look for your default gateway. Type the ip address into your web browser and login with your Router Name and Password. Explore around and find an option similar to "maximum users" enter a value you want the maximum users to be. Also you can make a guest version of the router. Finally, you cannot block ip's because there is one ip per router, however you CAN block MAC addresses but you will have to ask a person for their MAC address...
05-04-2014, 11:36 AM

Change your WIFI KEY and don't tell anyone what it is. Simple.
05-04-2014, 11:47 AM

Change the WiFi encryption key and then enter it yourself on your friends' computers. Most computers will not display the key once it has been entered.

If you enter the key and don't tell your friends what it is, they cannot pass the key to other people.

I hope this helps.