This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone else hopes the world will go back to simplicity without social media?
05-04-2014, 12:56 PM
Does anyone else hopes the world will go back to simplicity without social media?
I feel alienated from the world. I'm 24 and instead of looking forward to the future, I feel it's heading in the wrong direction. I don't have a facebook, LinkedIn, or any other social media. Because of this I feel isolated from my friends and the rest of the world, because everything is shared there, and I can't be a part of it. I feel forced to get into the whole social media thing, but I despise it and find it unnatural and pointless. I wish the world could go back to a time without smartphones, and people would just talk to eachother in real life.
I think the way we are living nowadays is not 'social' at all. But we build electronic cocoons around ourselves and are more lonely than ever.
Some people might enjoy it, or don't know any better. But I still know a time without internet.
And don't get me wrong internet has brought a lot of good things. But now internet has become our lives.
I wish I could go back to a time where there was a life without internet.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 01:11 PM

I find the internet useful; I'm socially awkward and have poor planning skills so I rarely met up with my friends before Facebook. Now, I can contact them much more easily and am a lot happier for it. I know other people who don't use social networks and I respect the decision, I just don't think it's fair to expect other people to stop using something just because you are afraid of it. To me, the internet is an emotional crutch; without it, my emotions can't walk properly. There are times when it causes complications, such as a friend starting a deep conversation in a tiny chat box where I can't tell what they are feeling, but I still need and value it.

Ads

05-04-2014, 01:26 PM

It is a good thing that you don't have Facebook, and the others either, it is not for everyone, and in some cases, there is a saying ' Those who get left behind, they too also serve.' So don't get too upset because you don't join in. It might be a blessing in disquise. You know I live in a city, and on the tube train, everyone else is logged into a phone, or a device, they cannot just sit there. suddenly. and they look right stupid doing it. Have you seen how annoying peoples silly little fingers are when they are using those phones. Peoples fingers are fidgetting about, and and thumbs, and you can't stop but notice it, how fingers and hands are not beautiful on ordinary people, their characters are very much exposed to those in the know. the nails the shapes, and the fingers and hands to a palmist, you do have your character in those hands. and you can see for sure, people being quite trite. and small minded with it. It is not attractive to the eye to watch, just as it is not nice to watch someone eat with mouth open. They will have to get to a custom and fast, to adapt to hinding those stupid fingers in public when on gadgets, and not think it is ok to offend the rest of the public to them. Just because everyone else is doing it. I am sure it will pass, just like very loud and nasty ringtones did, when they first came out.

Did you know that in Victorian times, it was a fashion for middle class people, to chew and chew a hundred times before they swallowed the food, and they did this in public, in resturants, it was quite stupid. When people got jaws locked, and other damages due to stupid behaviour, and after a long time they stopped doing it. but at the time it was a epidemic. Unheard of now. but they did it You will not stop technology developing, but you might find some of it of use to you, I don't like it when those locked into it, when they are being ripped off, or swindled by 3rd party app, and criminals, they don't say about it. as if you were stupid enought to be conned, and it is happening to everyone who owns a mobile phone.It makes people like they were flipping blinkered vision horses in a stupid horse race. Easy targets for pigs. on the make..