This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
is windows 8.1 any better?
05-04-2014, 01:24 PM
is windows 8.1 any better?
windows 8 sucks
when user is idle, windows becomes busy doing something in the background
i think this will make hard disk drive shorter lifespan, because its busy accessing the disk

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 01:26 PM

Simple answer to that question. No!!!!

Ads

05-04-2014, 01:41 PM

From my experience, 8.1 version is connected only with ... PAIN. There are known bugs that are still not fixed, I know and experienced at least two:
- Sharing your own internet connection through cable has become unavaliable after upgrading to 8.1
- Immediately after upgrading, some DLLs got messed up and blackscreened me all the time

Connected with your issue with hard drive, I suggest noone uses 8.1 until Microsoft takes it off the beta stage.

Regarding your HDD lifespan - they are quite durable, I wouldn't worry much.
05-04-2014, 01:46 PM

Don't get me wrong, I do not support the KKK (Krapple Komputer Kompany) but as the saying goes, "A computer is like a barrel, works exactly as it should until you put windows in it"

I'd suggest downgrading to windows 7, and hacking the s**t out of it to make it an acceptable operating system.
05-04-2014, 01:54 PM

with all pc systems things are going on in background!!!!
05-04-2014, 01:59 PM

6of1 half dozen of the other. Not really any true difference between them. Both are POS. 8.1 does give you a "pretending to be a start button", that's mostly it.