This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NFL: Without an elite Wide Receiver FA where will Peyton go?
10-15-2012, 09:31 PM
NFL: Without an elite Wide Receiver FA where will Peyton go?
Well,

The poops hit the proverbial fan today and something tells us Peyton was NOT in on their trade-talks!

Wayne staying in Indy! Brandon "Cutler" Marshall in Chicago with his bro! V-Jac goes to T-Bay! Pierre 'Facebook' Garcon telling the world he's Bobby Griffin's boy!

Q 1. Does the Wide Receiver market look dim for Peyton? Does it influence his decision now?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-15-2012, 09:39 PM

Wait isn't Peyton on the broncos now. I wonder what will happen to Tbow

Ads

Titans. He'll have kenny britt. And cj2k. And a solid defense.

He will sign with Arizona and be throwing to Fitzgerald.

he wont go to the bronkos because the same thing will happen to him as kyle ortin fans want to see tbow in the game so in going to say no one

Peyton can make receivers better. He's looking for a good coach, coordinator, teammates, gm, defense, etc. Not just a receiver

Arizona, San Francisco or bust.

San Francisco is obvious. They are the most Super Bowl ready team in the NFL without a decent quarterback. Peyton would have a rare talented defense and not be forced to do everything on his own as much. The Cardinals have more than just Larry Fitzgerald. Steve Breaston put up at least 700 yards each of the past three seasons, and he was a 1,000 yard man when Kurt Warner last played for them.

I don't think the wide receiver market is what Peyton is worried about. I think you're focused on the wrong things. When Marvin Harrison left the Colts and Gonzalez was out injured that left Wayne, Garcon, and Collie to throw to. Garcon had played all of 1 game, was a 6th round draft pick from the year before, and dropped most of his passes but had speed. Collie was a 4th round rookie. And Peyton took Garcon and Collie from virtual nobodies to being big names. Garcon just signed a $45 million six year contract with the Redskins. And Peyton was the guy that made him from that 6th round, 3 catch, nobody to one of the top wide receiver free agents available.

Peyton doesn't need an elite wide receiver. He makes them by training them to become one. I think he'd rather avoid the elite guys because they're normally ball hogs and he likes to spread the ball around to whoever is open. And the last thing he needs is some "elite" wide receiver complaining that he needs the ball thrown to him more when he isn't open.

I think Peyton is more concerned with the front office and the coaching staff and how they are going to treat him. That's why he probably likes the Broncos so much. Elway having been a high profile quarterback understands Manning's situation to an extent. And the Broncos have a good veteran coach.