This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Depression problem HELP?
05-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Depression problem HELP?
Ok. Long story short me & my best friend are both depressed and we seek comfort in each other. Her parents hate me because they think I've made her depressed when I haven't, she was depressed before I knew I was. Her dad went on her twitter account just now and dm'd me saying he wants to speak to my parents on the phone. I replied, "There is nothing to speak about. I'm sorry about _______ although I haven't actually done anything. I'll leave her alone and she'll be fine."
What do I do now? What if he comes to my house. WHaT Do I DO? I am easily panicked and I can't deal with this, I don't want him to make things worse by telling my parents when I've only just recently got them to stop talking to me about it.
HelP
We talk to each other about how we feel and the topic of suicide pops up a lot. Her parents are too protective and they read everything we write to eachother. They are just insane. I can't talk to my parent. If they talk to me horribly I will be rude back, I don't care about that. I'm mostly worried about what my parents will do and what will happen to my closest friend, to be honest I can't live without her - she is the only reason why I'm still here.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 09:06 PM

First, it's not you fault that she's depressed. Second, her can't decide who you can or cannot be friends with (given that you two are not little kids).

Talk to her, tell her everything that has happened. Let her decide whether or not she wants to keep being your best friend.

Ads

05-04-2014, 09:11 PM

First I would calm down and take a deep breathe. You really haven't done anything wrong except talking with each other right? Plus if she is your best friend and you both find comfort in each other it seems wrong to me that you guys are separated for that. If he does come so be it, your parents will probably stand up for you. I think you need to talk with your parents about your depression and how you feel about this situation.

I think you should trust your parents more. You are their child, I don't think they would say things purposely just to hurt you. For both sides to communicate to each other both have to listen. It's human nature to tune out when you are getting bashed at and when you are bashing them. So first step is to listen and trust your parents. I don't think they will try to hurt you if you convey yourself well enough. And please don't commit suicide. My words may be weightless but please keep in mind once you're gone that's it but you leave all the pain with your friends and family. It wouldn't be fair to you or them.