This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what can teamviewer do?
05-04-2014, 09:19 PM
what can teamviewer do?
my dad installed teamviewer on my laptop because he wants to monitor my internet use, even though i'm against it. he thinks i don't like it because i'm looking up adult content lol Tongue , but i'm the type of person who likes to be independent. i understand why he's doing this, but i don't like people sticking their noses in my business :/ sorry if that came out kind of rude...

ok. so i have a couple of questions concerning teamviewer:

1) can teamviewer see incognito history? if my dad's not on a computer when i use the laptop and if i open an incognito window (google chrome), can he still go back and see what i did?

2) what exactly can teamviewer do? i tried searching this up, but i haven't gotten any satisfactory results yet. please help me, yahoo Smile

Thanks!

Silver
I'm not sure you'll see this, but I have a question for Bob. I have Windows 7, so if I shut the screen of the laptop and reopen it, I have to log in again. Do you mean create another user that way?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2014, 09:22 PM

create a new user and login with that instead

no, its under user accounts in control panel. this may or may not work, depending on how things are setup., so when you login to your new account, make sure that program isnt running

Ads

05-04-2014, 09:23 PM

Teamviewer allows remote access to a PC. It basically allows the same level of access as if someone was physically sat in front of your computer. So, if you use incognito mode, and then close it down, he can't see what you've done. However, if you are doing something suspect, there's nothing stopping him from logging in and seeing it.

From a parental controls point of view, he's made really a bad choice. It doesn't stop you from doing anything, and the process is incredibly easy to kill. Personally, I'd keep quiet, let him think he's won the battle, as there are a lot hard to circumvent parental control programs out there.
05-04-2014, 09:35 PM

it will not record the internet usage but he can monitor your pc in realtime like watching tv.
more info: http://www.monitoring-softwares.com