This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wireless printing over 100 ft. w/ no Internet Connection?
05-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Wireless printing over 100 ft. w/ no Internet Connection?
I need some ideas on what/how to setup a wireless printer so I can print pages in a different area than I have my computor with out running printer cable.
I will be using this setup in at an open arena where the distance between the sign in booth and the anouncer's stand is aprox. 100 ft. apart w/ little to no interferance. Well nothing but air.

There is no good way of moving either building any closer to each other. And at the moment we have to have a runner take the sheet to the announcer.
Oh yeah, there is also no internet connection, phoneline, or cable within aprox. 300-350 yards.
Help Please, I need some good Ideas.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 01:04 AM

without an internet connection your only real choice would be infrared. but you need ABSOLUTE CLEAR line of sight in order for it to work. would say bluetooth but range is limited.

Ads

05-05-2014, 01:18 AM

you don't need an internet connection to have a network

just get a wireless router and a wireless print server

they will work together without internet
05-05-2014, 01:34 AM

I saw a really neat creation for a WiFi antenna made from a steamer. This might help solve your problem, since a parabolic shape concentrates energy.

Don't laugh. I once built a WiFi receiver using a Pringles can. They're called 'can-tennas'.