This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook virus link ?
05-05-2014, 12:39 PM
Facebook virus link ?
hey, i've received a message on fb from a friend (it was a link) but when i opened it, it started downloading something but my antivirus has stopped it. When i asked the guy who sent me that link he told me that it was a virus and that link is sent to all his fb friends.

Now it's 2h that i clicked on that link but none of my friends has received any message from me, should i worry or my antivirus has stopped the virus.

Sorry for my english, i hope you can understand what i'm meaning. Thank you for answering anyway.
my antivirus is ESET Smart Security 7

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 12:48 PM

They could have the virus. Who cares about them, you didn't get it you're safe.

Ads

05-05-2014, 12:51 PM

who do you just assume that link your "friends" send you are ok?

never click on links like that, especially when they say something taunting like "OMG! i cant believe this video of you is all over the internet!"

that's how spammers hack your account and steal money from your bank account
05-05-2014, 01:07 PM

Hi, I've learned about your problem, it may be malware, spyware or virus. And I introduce a powerful internet security software to you ,it can protect your social network. I use this software all the time.
The name is Norman Security Suite PRO
05-05-2014, 01:15 PM

Getting a virus from social networks is quite common. When on social networks, it is always suggested to connect with the one who you trust and always think twice before opening any file, link or mail from any unknown person. However, I would recommend you to unfriend or block that particular person on your social profile. Now cross check your system with ESET or some other stronger security application such as Norton, Immunet, Kaspersky etc. Perform complete system scan and check for any unusual application/file/.exe that might exist in control panel, root drives or registry of your system. Delete those files and quarantine threats if detected.