This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Google Chrome Issues!?
05-05-2014, 01:08 PM
Google Chrome Issues!?
So, I have a Windows8 laptop, and I downloaded Google Chrome on it, but today Google Chrome stopped opening and working, so I uninstalled and installed it again, but it still doesn't work! I ended up uninstalling it and not bothering again, and I'm using Internet Explorer right now...But, IE is terrible. Does anyone know how I could get Google Chrome to work again, please?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 01:12 PM

I had the same problem and searched here and there to find a solution for it however there weren't any except for fixing/deleting the registry to Chrome and reinstalling. What I did to fix it is below-

1) Right click on the Google Chrome icon on your desktop or task bar and go to properties
2) Go to the compatibility tab and put a check on "run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows 7
3) apply and close it.

It should work. Worked for me!! Smile

Ads

05-05-2014, 01:15 PM

Go over to this Windows 8 Forum and post this question there: http://www.eightforums.com/
Make an account (free and easy). There are a lot of helpful people there that know how to work with computers and Windows 8.