This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trying repeatedly to get backlinks, but I have no backlinks yet.?
05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Trying repeatedly to get backlinks, but I have no backlinks yet.?
I built a website using the free Weebly, and went on my Yahoo Answers account and answered a few questions and I posted links back to my website.

I also submitted an article or two to the article directories, with a link back to my website.

Thought these would be backlinks, but....

However, when I use a tool such as Long Tail Pro or Open Site Explorer, it only says I have one backlink, no internal links, and no link juice.

My website has Blog page, home page, and related pages which contains a link to my YouTube account. Are these considered internal links in of themselves?

Considering that I am linking to my own sites and not other people, does my links count as backlinks, or is it required for someone else to link to you in order for it to be considered a backlink?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 09:34 PM

Spamming Answers doesn't really pay off for some trying to use it for SEO, since the links are NoFollow and your account and those posts are all subject to be deleted if out of hand.

Some links don't get reported by the tools they don't examine every page on the web. Link values vary considerably, the page rank of the page it resides on and the number of other outgoing links are big factors. In body links like in a guest post article are way more valuable than blog comments or sidebar blogroll links.

Here's a little tool that helps search out relevant sites where you can leave comments or forum posts, mix your backlink sources to maintain a 'natural' profile.

http://dropmylink.com/

Ads

05-05-2014, 09:41 PM

Submit anwsers which are relevant to your site and pu link only in those answers don't answer other questions and if you do, don't submit link in it. Do some forum posting and blog commenting on relevant topics and provide link in it it will help to increase backlinks to your site.
05-05-2014, 09:58 PM

Please keep in mind that sites such as open site explorer, hrefer and majesticseo will require time to find your backlinks. I too recently created a website (a brand new one) and started to add content and started to syndicate the content onto social media sites - Within a week I could see my rankings increase but when i looked at my sites backlink profile using these tools then it would show as 0 - not even 1 - honestly dont worry about it too much - just continue to do what your doing