This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i fix this modem issue?
05-05-2014, 11:39 PM
How do i fix this modem issue?
For awhile we have been loosing internet and phone connection. Our home phone is connected through the modem so when it is down so is our phone line. We power cycled it and it didnt work so we got a new modem from our provider and it worked for a little while. Now it is doing the same thing and i dont know what else could be the problem. We tried power cycling again but nothing. When i run the troubleshooter it says dns server is not responding but our dns would be the router and wouldnt explain the telephone issue. Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2014, 11:52 PM

call the ISP or your telephone operator to check the cables.....if the phone line is down the modem cant do anything....

Ads

05-06-2014, 12:06 AM

I suppose you've got a filter in for the modem, to keep phone noise out?
05-06-2014, 12:11 AM

What type of Internet service do you have? Cable, DSL, Fiber (U-Verse, FiOS, etc.)

For example if you have cable Internet and phone service then you have a special modem has two functions.

1. Provides broadband Internet service via cable DOCSIS technology.
2. Provides voice telephone service via VoIP technology.

If neither service is working then either the cable modem or the incoming cable connection is malfunctioning.

For DSL you should have a DSL low pass filter / splitter installed on the incoming line. The filtered portion goes to the telephones and the unfiltered portion connects to the DSL modem.

For both services to be out the incoming line or splitter/filter is defective.

In either case, you'll need to call your provider and have them send out a technician.

Good Luck.
05-06-2014, 12:26 AM

Friend...It is because of line which is connect to modem and land phone.Any leakage will be there in the line.Tell to replace the wire.