This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get rid of Bing search on Google Chrome start-up?
05-06-2014, 12:39 AM
How do I get rid of Bing search on Google Chrome start-up?
A few days ago, I noticed that whenever I opened up Google Chrome, instead of opening to the Google search bar that had thumbnails of my favorite/most visited sites, it would be the Bing search bar instead.
I've tried everything to get rid of it but it keeps popping up with that page. I've even uninstalled Chrome to see if it would restore it but nothing.
Can someone please help me with this? I hate Bing and prefer my Google search with thumbnails.
I actually managed to figure it out. Had to find 'Search Protect' by Condiut in my programs list and removed/uninstalled that. Now I'm back to my original tabs.

Thanks for your help though!
I actually managed to figure it out. Had to find 'Search Protect' by Condiut in my programs list and removed/uninstalled that. Now I'm back to my original tabs.

Thanks for your help though!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 12:40 AM

Click the menu button on Chrome, it looks like 3 lines on top of eachother and click settings in there you should see a section called search change the default search to Google and not Bing. Also under "On Startup" click new tab.

Ads

05-06-2014, 12:42 AM

You can always "uninstall" the Bing Bar in your Programs and Features file, located inside the Control Panel program.
05-06-2014, 12:55 AM

You may also need to uninstall Search Protect by Conduit via the Control Panel to remove it completely.
05-06-2014, 01:08 AM

I have tried all this and more. I have not been able to get rid of that bing crap.