This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will the amount of leads be different if you target the same Google AdWords budget NATIONWIDE vs LOCAL?
05-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Will the amount of leads be different if you target the same Google AdWords budget NATIONWIDE vs LOCAL?
This one goes to my Google Adwords Experts out there; please read carefully. Say you're setting up an AdWords campaign for a business that Sells barbecues online. say this business is located in Miami, FL but they do NOT have a store front nor do they take walk-in's nor sell in person. They ONLY sell online. They DO take telephone orders, but nothing in person. Lets also assume that shipping of their products is NOT an issue. If this business decides to invest $1,000 per month on AdWords, would it make a difference wheather they target NATIONWIDE as opposed to ONLY MIAMI? I believe the amount of leads will be the SAME (if not more, only because the CPC might be cheaper in other states). But I'm not sure if it would affect the QUALITY of the leads or even the conversions. Please feel free to answer with lots of details and use whatever terminology is most comfortable for you (geeks welcome). Thank you!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 08:34 AM

If you target local you will have the probability of getting a more leads when compared to nation wide, If you are sure you can deliver it to nationwide then go for it when you are satisfied with local leads which is the real customers.

Ads

05-06-2014, 08:50 AM

Potentially two answers to this...

Local will potentially bring you more leads simply because the avg. CPC will be lower and you will get more clicks. It all depends on the keywords you choose. "Barbecues" will typically be a more expensive keyword than "Barbecues in Miami Fl". However I will say this, when people search long tail with a city and state it is because they intend to go to the store to see the barbecue first. They may not be the type of customer to buy that sort of product online.

So you are right to be concerned about the quality of leads. The best advice I can give is to test. Set up a national and a geo targeted campaign and see how it goes. You can ask opinions from others, but in the end it always comes down to testing. Hope this helps.