This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are the best Q and A sites?
05-07-2014, 12:47 AM
What are the best Q and A sites?
Please do not just tell say "Yahoo! Answers". I have had some really bad experiences with this site, because of the high number of abusive users as well as other things. However, there are some certain things that I would, ideally, be looking for in another Q and A site. First of all, I would want it to have something that was at least, in some way, comparable to the "Top Contributor" system. I would also want it to allow its question posters to post additional details. I would also want it to feature questions that would be of interest to me (i.e stuff relating to dogs, vampires and books and authors), as well as having a much stricter policy against abuse.
Thank you. Any good answers that I may get will mean a lot to me, so thanks in advance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 12:49 AM

LOL your right about this site anyone can answer and more often than not they give bad advice.I would suggest you do a google search.Here's why, general sites that answers all questions are not as good as going to sites that deal with specific things.If I have Computer question I go to sites that deal with that.If it's security programs and removal I go to one of those sites and not a Computer site.

Ads

05-07-2014, 12:55 AM

There's this place called Ask a Question.com that I contracted to get an answer concerning my car (engine problems) and they connected me with a "Master Mechanic" for $37.00. I made the Question, received a silly answer (I guess I knew ahead of time more than he answered me).

Bottom line: it's a BUSSINESS, and they provide the "merchandise" you buy. Their "Quality" it's debatable, as all you find in the Internet, which really is Wide...but very shallow sometimes.

Do not - repeat - di not trust the Net as something divine. It's full of rubbish, although there might be some diamonds there, if you look really hard.
05-07-2014, 01:12 AM

The Answerbank might be worth a look as it is usually used by polite adults, but it does not have a top contributor system as far as I am aware;
http://www.theanswerbank.co.uk/
Regards, Bob.