This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Do I Move On From A Previous Relationship?
05-07-2014, 01:13 AM
How Do I Move On From A Previous Relationship?
So I was in a relationship with this amazing guy for almost 3 years. Everything was going great and we truly loved each other and we weren’t only boyfriend/girlfriend, we were truly each other’s best friends. After the two-year mark, however, we started having the silliest fights. Things started building up and in May of last year he broke up with me. I was devastated, but I thought maybe it was best for us to have some time apart to truly know if we belonged together. 3 days after the break up, he texted me that he wanted to see me. We hung out and by the end of the night he asked to get back together. I told him to take some more time alone, just in case the reason he wanted me back was only because he felt lonely. After about 3 months, I saw him again and knew I wanted him back. I talked to him about possibly getting back together but he said he didn’t want a relationship at the moment because he was focused on finishing school and his 2 jobs. I understood. We continued being friends on Facebook and we texted each other every once in a while. He started talking to other girls. I started talking to other guys… but as soon as he found out I dated this one guy more than a few times, he started texting me things like “You need to find someone better” “He doesn’t even go to the gym” “You cant be with someone less attractive than your last…” etc. In late October, I was going through a really tough time at school and at home and he even suggested eloping with him (which I dismissed because I thought the idea of running off was ridiculous). In January, however, he updated his profile to IN A RELATIONSHIP. I was devastated. I couldn’t eat or sleep. I had to delete my Facebook page because I couldn’t stand seeing his and her pictures. What troubles me the most though is that he keeps texting me. He tells me about his new job and his plans for the future and also throws in details of his new girl… I don’t know how to reply to that. Why would he think I care about his new girlfriend? He also noticed that I deleted my Facebook and keeps asking WHY. I know I could easily ask him to stop contacting me, but I’m selfish. I don’t want to lose his friendship too. I miss him and sometimes want to call and tell him I want him back, but I’m afraid he’ll think I only want him because someone else already has him. I don’t know what to do. I feel helpless.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 01:14 AM

He is trying to make you jealous. Ignore him for now, if it doesn't work out between them, then perhaps you are meant to be. I was in the same situation only on the guy's end.. I did the dumping, and then 3 weeks later my girlfriend wanted me back and I wanted her back so we went out. A few days ago, we broke up again (We don't see each other often) and she is ignoring me even though it was a mutual decision. She's seeing the messages as soon as I send them, so she is attention seeking and she is adding loads of guys she barely knows on Facebook all of a sudden. IGNORE him, if he's the right one, he'll come back to you.

Ads

05-07-2014, 01:29 AM

Hi Celina,
Anytime we feel desperate, like in situations like these, it comes from
having scarcity.

This is why he seemed kinda clingy when you were dating another guy,
and, then your impression suddenly changed when he started dating
another girl. You started feeling the way he did!

The way to stop this neediness and jealousy is to have an abundant mindset.
Set your mind on other things that aren't your ex boyfriend, hang out with friends
a little bit more than before, talk to and think about other people you find attractive -
this is how to gain abundance and that way losing one thing doesn't hurt as much
because you have options.

Think about this and if you want to learn more, this article will help:
http://textdino.com/will-my-ex-boyfriend...ack-to-me/

Check it out if you want, good luck!