This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my CPU usage so high?
05-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Why is my CPU usage so high?
My CPU usage usually spikes from 20%, then goes directly to 100% and causes MASSIVE lag for about 2-5 minutes. Then it will stop for about 10, then spike back up to 100% for 2 minutes. I have three programs running properly, Skype, Google Chrome, and Spotify. Whenever I play a game, lets say, World of Tanks, it would keep spiking to 100%. I've already checked my Computer for Malware, spyware, viruses, etc. etc. But my computer continues to spike. I've closed all programs in order to play my games, but yet it still spikes. I've observed the processes, and it seems that google chrome and my game are the culprits. This is really fustrating considering the fact that my PC ran perfectly before hand, now suddenly this is happening. I really want help as soon as possible. I can't play my games that I paid for. Please respond soon. Thank you.

UPDATE:
It seems that whenever I have chrome running, and a game at the same time, chrome spikes up to 100% CPU usage, while my game runs smoothly. When I exit out chrome, it seems to be still running. Has this happen to others?

PC specs:

4.00 GB of RAM
Intel® core™ 2 duo CPU 3.00 GHz
I don't remember my graphics card, but it is enough to run my games on very high resolution.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 03:06 PM

Well a couple problems here. You have an OLD dual core CPU. Most modern decent computers have 4 cores with multi-threading at a bare minimum and second if you really can't remember what GPU you have it's most likely not a substantial gaming card. Any PC gamer could name that off the top of their head without hesitation.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply