This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why I can't communicate with devices when directly connected with an ethernet cable?
05-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Why I can't communicate with devices when directly connected with an ethernet cable?
Hello,

I have a new work computer with Windows 7. My old laptop had Windows XP, and I could communicate with any devices through an ethernet cable after I assign the devices and my laptop with ip addresses with the same subnet. However, I found I can't do the same with Windows 7. The static IP addresses of the devices and my laptop are within the same subnet. I've tried using a crossover cable and updating my network driver but that didn't work. When my laptop is connected to the device, Windows 7 would try to identify the network and state that the network is an unidentified public network with no network access. I found that I could communicate with devices when I go through a switch. This is really strange. Does anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 04:06 PM

i had same issue and when called this tech Supp Phone:1855-664-5678 they fixed the issue

Ads

05-07-2014, 04:16 PM

you should EVEr try to communicate dries to antoher device you should always use a switch. And part of the security of Windows 7 is that it does not permit the machine to open ANY required network services on public networks. Any network you want to communicate with other devices MUST be set as a business or home network. If this a work computer surely ALL the devices you want to connect to would need to be in that business network anyway. And if there is an Internet connection you should not be manually setting ANY IP addresses, the router should assign them by DHCP to avoid IP conflicts and handle failed DNS servers. Terrible way to network machines.
05-07-2014, 04:24 PM

Have you tried resetting the TCP/IP stack, open a command prompt as administrator and type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt reboot and try again,

Also try disabling all the other network adapters.