This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is google chrome better or is the google app better?
05-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Is google chrome better or is the google app better?
This question is for the iPad. So in the App Store there are the Google Chrome and Google app. I don't know which one to download. Which app is better?
And can you also tell me a bit more about the other computer programs like firefox? You can answer this for the computer too. Thanks! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 04:23 PM

I will say that I don't have an iPad, but I would assume that the Google App is just a tool that would allow you to search with Google quickly (probably using the default browser), whereas Google Chrome would be a version of the Chrome browser that you can use on your iPad as an alternative to Safari or whatever browser is set as default.

I don't think Firefox is available for iPad at the moment. Now for PC, it is still more customizable than other browsers in terms of Add-ons and it is a quick modern browser, although I think Chrome is generally faster to load (Chrome can resolve domain names and pre-render pages before you click on links to speed up page loading time, but it seems to have more issues with Flash causing freezing or not functioning than other browsers). I tend to use Chrome the most for PC partly out of habit and because it seems to have the most simple and quick interface to use, but Firefox is the only browser that doesn't have the commercial interests of a corporation behind it, so it won't track you or block the functionality or installation of Add-ons for commercial interests like Chrome or other browsers might in some circumstances.

Ads

05-07-2014, 04:35 PM

The Google App is just an app for Google's services and nothing else. The Google Chrome App is an app for Google Services and web browsing. So if you like the default browser app on the ipad, then just get the Google App. If you prefer chrome on the ipad then get the chrome app.

As for computer software... they are each different in their own way.. so what browser you choose is really personal preference

Google Chrome is faster than at loading pages then the other browsers

FireFox is better if you are developer and prefer open source instead of a commercial browser

Internet Explorer is what old people, newbies, and people who dont care about what browsers they use. It lost a lot of support for being unsecure in the past and still hasnt gained that trust back

Opera is another browser some people use. not me so i dunno why people use this

Safari is the browser that comes with apple products, so hardcore apple supporters choose it

Netscape is loved by many but was discontinued. FireFox took it place and the owner of Internet Explorer bought the patient rights to it but have yet to use it to improve IE

Seamonkey is another browser made by same people who made FireFox. Its not much different than FireFox.

There is dozens of web browsers, if you would like to know more, then you can read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers