This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I need a Computer to get Internet Connection for my Xbox 360?
05-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Do I need a Computer to get Internet Connection for my Xbox 360?
I'm asking this question on my cellphone.

I was wondering if I need a computer to get an Internet connection for my Xbox 360. I have a Computer that I never use and I was wondering if I need it to play on Xbox live.

If I don't need a computer, what Internet service providers allow a connection for a Xbox 360.

If I do need a computer, then please say so?

Thank 4 Listening Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2014, 08:52 PM

you need a modem or router

Ads

05-07-2014, 09:05 PM

You need an internet connection. It can be a wireless connection (if you have the 360 Slim model) or via the ethernet port of the 360. No computer is necessary. All ISPs allow 360s.
05-07-2014, 09:15 PM

you dont need any type of pc or laptops to play xbox, just internet connection. you could always just use your phones internet to connect the xbox and not pay for internet. but for the older model xboxs then you will need internet connection but no pc. you could use att, comcast or verizon for internet depending on your area. or use your phone to connect the 360 thru wifi
05-07-2014, 09:30 PM

Wow. I'm actually wondering the same thing. I was researching google and came upon your question in Yahoo answersSmile
I just moved into a house like 2 days ago. I don't have a computer but, was wondering if I can still hook up service with my ISP(Internet Service Provider) specifically for my Xbox. I have an Xbox Slim. I've been embarrased to call the company up because I don't want to sound like an idiot. Thats why I want to be sure when I call. Hence, bumping to this question. lolSmile
And I am also on my cell right now,haha!