This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I connect to the internet on my laptop?
05-08-2014, 03:45 AM
How do I connect to the internet on my laptop?
I have a hp pro book 4430s. I have been connected to the internet at home. Now it will not connect. It works on my phone and everybody else's device, not mine. I have restarted it and everything. Help

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 03:47 AM

Go to your network center and click on your pc icon in the wifi section. Connect to it using your WEP Key or other passwords (if you have it). Click connect and boom, there is your internet

Ads

05-08-2014, 04:00 AM

One of the factor that can cause hinderance is Ip addressing.
Do Proper Ip Addressing provided by your Internet Service Provider(ISP) in your laptop.
open ctrl+R > Run box will open then Type ncpa.cpl after that Network Connections window will
open.
There you can see your enabled connection, right click on that connection go to properties and
go in Internet Protocol Version 4.There you may insert all configuration manually.
If you dont have ip configuration it does not connect then Ask your internet service provider.

2) Other Possibility is that there will be no ethernet driver so install ethernet driver latest version in
your system your internet will start working.
05-08-2014, 04:10 AM

1)Start
2)Control Panel
3)Network and Internet
4)Network and Sharing Centre
5)Connect to a network
6)Select your WLAN
7)Connect
Note-Make Sure your WLAN Switch is turned ON