This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I have a right to be angry ?
05-08-2014, 04:27 AM
Do I have a right to be angry ?
So I got married a week ago and I told my colleagues who attended from my work to not put any photos on Facebook or send a group email to my work unit with photos until I had done so. They all agreed. I mainly asked this because I wanted to upload the photos to my FB account first and email my work unit first (as the bride).

So I was checking my emails the day after I got married and it seems a colleague who attended the wedding sent through a mobile photo of myself at the wedding to a co worker who was not invited. This co worker has uploaded this photo and sent it to my entire work unit's email.

I'm not upset at my colleague rather the co worker who was not invited but sent my wedding photo to everyone at work (which I wanted to do first) . Do I have a right to be angry or annoyed or am I just making a big deal about it??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 04:38 AM

you can be but get over it. life is too short and they are clearly not your friends so they don't deserve the time

Ads

05-08-2014, 04:42 AM

what real consequence has it had?
none
it was your wedding day, that should be more important than any photo/email

if this is the worst thing you have to get het up about, you are blessed
05-08-2014, 04:43 AM

What's the point? Welcome to the age of social media. You have no control over what others post.
05-08-2014, 04:47 AM

Never mix work and private life.
If you make a big deal of this, it will cause resentment and affect your standing in the company. Just smile and accept compliments or you will be the one to suffer for it.

And learn to deal with stuff like this now with grace, because there will be far more important things as you go on as a married couple- especially if you have children. You should never have even considered sending out wedding photos to your unit. That's private, and isn't professional to send out to coworkers. It also lives forever on the internet. Not professional, and will end up affecting your career, Men do not post wedding photos online, and that is a big reason they are treated differently.It will come back to bite you.
05-08-2014, 04:59 AM

No you do not have a right to be mad. You can not control this And as much as you wanted to be the first to post photos, it was very unrealistic of you to think photos taken by guests would be kept private until you gave the ok to post..

The coworker who posted these photos did not agree not to post them. You never told them not to post them. You never told your wedding guest they could not share any photo they took at your wedding.

You had no right to demand everyone not post photos they took for themselves. IF you wanted to be the first to post, then you should of done so right after the wedding.
Just because you were the bride, doesn't mean you get to control your guests.

It this day and age, people post as events are happening. You can not control your guests
and the person who posted wasn't even a guest.
05-08-2014, 05:05 AM

Huh??? I cannot even comprehend how this could anger or annoy you in the slightest.

What exactly is the problem??
05-08-2014, 05:11 AM

You have a right to feel however you want to feel, but what's done is done, and you are married. How do you feel about that? ☺
05-08-2014, 05:21 AM

I agree with Rosalie.

That said, why are you mad at the non-invited coworker? She/he wasn't invited and didn't even know about your rules. However, the invited friend did....goes to show you that you cant really trust or be friends with. Coworkers as friends....no such thing in my book.
05-08-2014, 05:35 AM

You cannot control the actions of others. So she sent out a picture before you did. I bet yours are better and you have a lot more of them. Let this go there are far more problems to come, you do not have to go looking for them