This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I old enough to use my card online?
05-08-2014, 05:13 AM
Am I old enough to use my card online?
Okay so I am 15 years old and I have a Debit card, it says visa on it and I do have money in it. My mum says that I am too young to get anything online and it won't work because of this. Is she just saying this because she doesn't want me to by things online or do I actually have to be a certain age? Will the transaction not go through?
Will I be able to get contact lenses?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 05:26 AM

Uhh, no, you don't need to be a certain age. Your mum is f*cking w/ you.

Ads

05-08-2014, 05:39 AM

you can use your card anytime anywhere no matter how old u are. You will be unable to acquire adult things till your 18.
05-08-2014, 05:47 AM

It's illegal for any one under the age of 18 to use the internet for purchases. If something is wrong with your purchase you will not be able to receive a refund due to the transaction being illegal.
05-08-2014, 05:51 AM

No you are NOT old enough to make online purchases.

If you used any websites you would be told "Authorization failed."
From visa's own website: "Purchase authorisation for under 18's is automated and declined via visa payment gateway systems."

Also its not really safe to use a debit card for online purchases, a pre paid debit card is the safest method.
05-08-2014, 05:59 AM

Okay listen...I&#x27;m 18 years old. And have had the same visa debit card since I turned 17 and have been making online purchases since that time. So yes, you can make online purchases.
05-08-2014, 06:08 AM

If you're old enough to have a card, you're old enough to use it, providing its "YOUR" MONEY YOU'RE SPENDING