This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help making a website!?!?
05-08-2014, 10:13 AM
I need help making a website!?!?
Hi everyone!
So, I'm making a website and I need help with what my domain name should be. My website is a business site. I am selling a lot of DIY clothes, accessories, jewelry, and crafts. Etc. My name is Mia if that helps. Thanks in advance!!!
<3 <3 <3

Mia M

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 10:28 AM

Incorporation the product in your domain is more valuable than a vanity name, having Fashion in the name helps serch engines categorize the site.

There are sites with tools that help you come up with fictitious names, including: wordlab.com, naming.net, wordoid.com, lingzini.com, namestation.com, some of these tools look up the domain name availability as you go.
Any name not already used in a .com web site name is probably not trademarked.

All the obvious best names are already taken, you have to be creative, Bulk Search tools like on Godaddy allow you to check availability of a list of names at once. http://www.godaddy.com/bulk-domain-search.aspx

Ads

05-08-2014, 10:36 AM

KISS

fashionsbymia.com ---> fashions by mia --> available as of posting

miafashions.com was taken
05-08-2014, 10:45 AM

It totally depends on your needs and requirements.

If you have a company name for your business and you are looking in this business for a long run, then you must buy a domain name as your company name. And if you are not looking for a very long run, then you might consider a keyword related domain name as it will help you to rank a little fast than the company domain name.

I hope it helps.
05-08-2014, 10:48 AM

First of all, choose a 'catchy' domain name. Not too long, easy to remember. If possible, bring in the word 'fashion' in it.

There are many tools available for selecting an apt domain name.

Just Google 'Domain name selection tools' and you'll get a good list to start with!

Hope that your business will flourish!