This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How long will it take google to register?
05-08-2014, 02:19 PM
How long will it take google to register?
How long will it take google to update my site on it's index?

I mean If I got a whole whack of links and improved it's SEO friendlyness how long untill google will actually move it up? Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 02:27 PM

Since you know about SEO (search engine optimiztion), you may also understand that Google searches produce two types of results: natural search results driven by SEO, and sponsored or advertised results, driven my marketing dollars being spent by advertisers to move their chosen search terms higher. Bids are done daily, sometimes more oftern. Normally, SEO makes use of search crawlers that in short, crawl around websites looking for relevant information for various search terms. The exact formul used by Google, Yahoo & most other search engines is a clolsely guarded secret. Not sure anyone not inside the Google organization can give you a precise answer.

The general answer is "when Google's web crawlers are on your site, results are received by analysts & changes are made.

Ads

05-08-2014, 02:38 PM

Usually, it is very quick (less than 1 hour) if you have a STRONG related link pointed to your site. When I said strong, I refer to those authority site that have high PR and high traffic.

If you refer to how long will google Show your site on first page, that really depends on your :
1- keywords
2- competition

For instance, if you use a unique keywords in the anchor text which no one use it before, it is very very easy to rank high on google. Similarly, if there is not much of a competition, you would rank high pretty quickly.
05-08-2014, 02:46 PM

Usually not too long,, within a day or two,,
but you can speed up this process by pinging your pages.
You can do this at pingomatic.com
However, building too many back links in a short period of time is not encouraged.. it does not seem "natural" to google's eyes, and they might punish you for that.
Hope it helps!
05-08-2014, 02:55 PM

It depends on your promotion strategies. Generally, 3-4 months for minor keywords and 6-7 months for major keyword. That's all I know for some SEO firms but I think if you can manage your strategies properly, you can see your website on page one search of Google in a couple of months.
05-08-2014, 02:56 PM

It depends on how active your site is. If it is a high PR site that gets crawled frequently then your changes should go into effect quickly.

Some of my lower traffic sites take a while for the updated pages to show up in google