This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Girlfriend wants old Facebook pictures with ex deleted?
05-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Girlfriend wants old Facebook pictures with ex deleted?
Ok, so I have been with my current girlfriend for almost 2 years now. About 4 years ago, I was in a previous relationship. I have 3 Facebook pictures with me and my ex from the time we had dated. My girlfriend went through my pictures last night and became emotional and insecure and is now demanding I delete the pictures. However, I feel like this is childish and I simply won't do it for the principle of the matter. She's trying to justify her reasoning and saying I must still have feelings for her and any reasonable person would agree with her that I should just delete the pictures. I would just like other peoples' perspective on how they would react. I told her it was extremely childish and she's creating an issue that shouldn't exist... I feel like a confident woman would never even think twice about something like this... Btw, I'm 22 and she is 19. Anyways, all advice is welcome. Thanks
I appreciate all feed back. And it's not necessarily a situation where I'm keeping them in spite of her, I just feel like these are memories from my past and my old photos kind of document my experiences and show how I have progressed and where I have come from. I just think it's kind of crazy that all of a sudden it's a problem. I don't have feelings for my ex anymore, but I feel like I'm still entitled to have the memories. All 3 photos are just of us smiling or being goofy, though.
Btw, I just deleted them.
The photos are old and not visible unless someone did some considerable searching. And while I did delete them from Facebook, I still saved them on my computer.
Starfish and Happy2, I completely agree. I think she is over-reacting and yes, you have to do considerable searching to even find them. I tried explaining she is making a big deal over nothing, but she's being emotional, so reasoning is out the window. Thank you all
Mydnytoker, she won't hesitate to delete any previous pictures in order for me to delete my pictures. Even putting them in a seperate file or changing the privacy settings wouldn't be enough for her. I guess she just doesn't like the idea of me hanging on to them because she thinks I look at them or something. I'm not sure. I guess I'll just bite the bullet on this one. I appreciate your advice

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 05:41 PM

You can get off the next stop with this train, or you can stay on until it wrecks.

Ads

05-08-2014, 05:51 PM

I´m 15, any girlfriend I´ve had hated seeing pictures of me and other girls...I would hate it if I found a picture of her and her ex...Think about it like that. Remember, she´s human... Us humans get jealous which is fairly "Childish"..
05-08-2014, 06:08 PM

i think if you guys (you & your ex) are kissing then yes take them of why would you still have them? if you guys are just sitting, walking, dancing whatever next to each other that should be no problem
so maybe try telling your GF that Good Luck =)
05-08-2014, 06:18 PM

Just delete them. The fact that you won't delete will exacerbate her concerns, whereas if you just delete them (or just hide them from her), you won't have her nagging you for the next 3 months.

I think it is a bit childish of her, but also disrespectful from your side. Are you keeping those pictures to spite her and to teach her a lesson? Or what? Why would you, as a boyfriend, as a man, do that?

my 2 cents looking at both sides
05-08-2014, 06:22 PM

My husband has old photos somewhere in a box. I never give them a thought.

If they were on the living room wall, my head would fall off.

So, is facebook an old box, or the living room wall?

Up to you. But you're right, it's the principal. Move them if you want, but don't delete them.
05-08-2014, 06:24 PM

In order to see old pictures on FB, you have to actually take the steps of navigating to them. So I guess my confusion is, why doesn't she just decide to not navigate to those pictures anymore? I mean, it's not like you're going to be posting any new pictures of your ex.

Starfish - correct. In MY opinion, old FB pics are in an old box.
05-08-2014, 06:38 PM

Yes, your girlfriend is insecure but you cannot change her. She will have to out grow that as she gets older. In the meantime if it makes her feel a little better then take down the pictures.

Let's say you two were married. Would you still have pictures of you and the old ex around the living room or elsewhere in the house? I don't think so.

It is interesting that you say her reaction to the pictures is being childish while at the same time you say, " However, I simply won't do it [remove the pics] for the principle of the matter."

Who is acting the child? Being stubborn can be just as childish.
05-08-2014, 06:43 PM

Listen carefully!!!!

Tell her I do not have anymore feelings for my EX and I am sorry you feel that way. You do not want to cause any unnecessary problems in her life so its best if you let her go!!!! Believe me, she is not going to go ANYWHERE!!!! What it will do is make her think twice about bringing it up again because she will already know where you stand!!!

If not, your going to have problems for the rest of your relationship!!! Put her in her place now!!!!
05-08-2014, 06:57 PM

Download them to that secret folder where you keep all of the movies and pictures she wanted you to get rid of, but you look at and watch when she's not "available", then delete them to shut her up.

If she doesn't become "available" after you delete them, well, find a new one that will be.