This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal? How can they trace you by using internet without getting internet connection?
05-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Is it illegal? How can they trace you by using internet without getting internet connection?
I got a laptop but i didn't get an internet connection because I can get signal on my area even without that connection to telephone company. And so, I'm not paying any internet bills right now.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2014, 06:55 PM

oh yeah, you're part of their internet connection. They can access public files and shiz.

Ads

05-08-2014, 07:03 PM

if its a private network, then the person probably doesnt know enough to find you if he doesnt even have a password.
if it is a public network, i dont see a problem.

it might be illegal though
05-08-2014, 07:07 PM

ur gonna get caught after they run there monthly scan for illegal internet
05-08-2014, 07:23 PM

It sounds like you're connecting to a private wireless Internet connection that has not been secured and protected.

Depending on the state you live in this is illegal.

It is illegal in Florida and California.

If the person hosting the wireless connection finds out the burden is on hm to find and report you to your local police or law enforcement.

If you're asking how the telephone company can trace you it would only be difficult up to the wireless connection. Your connection to the Internet is through an IP address.

You can trace your own route to specific addresses and the Internet companies can do the same back to your computer.

As an example on your computer go to Start, Run and in the command line type COMMAND. This will get you to a DOS prompt or a command line.

At the DOS prompt type

tracert http://www.yahoo.com

and press enter.

This will display the rout from http://www.yahoo.com back to your computer with the IP address of the servers it hits along the way as your request is relayed.

This is an example how they can trace you through IP. They have tools to translate this to geographical locations. But if you're connected wireless they can only trace you back to the closest land line connection. Then from there they would need to bring tools to that location and triangulate a radio signal directly to you.
05-08-2014, 07:34 PM

Well, you just hook up an internet from your neighbor. It is actually not good but it is also the fault of your neighbor why they didn't put a security on their wireless connection.